λζ′

Oddly enough, there was no sign of Hector or any other Trojans today.

Macar delivered Hermes' new helmet this morning, however. I have to admit, it looks fucking hilarious. I can’t even look at that goat without laughing.

I fastened the helmet onto Hermes and brought him over to Odysseus’ tent. When I arrived, the General was having lunch with Machaon and Podalirius, two brothers who are leading the Messenian army.

Odysseus thought Hermes’ helmet was fantastic. He even gave me a block of cheese to give to Macar. -I think the Messenian brothers were a bit confused.

Anyway, the General finally agreed to take the goat off my hands. Odysseus ordered a few soldiers to construct a small pen for Hermes next to his tent. He charged two of our men with the duty of seeing to it that Hermes was well cared for.

Later in the day I took a walk with Polites and a couple of our men south along the beach. These guys told Polites they had discovered a pretty good swimming hole.

The swimming hole was a basin hollowed out of a rocky ledge next to the water. The seawater flows into the basin from under the cliff, and it keeps the water inside constantly sloshing about.

It was a bit creepy jumping in at first, but once inside, the wave action made for a good time.

After a couple of hours, a few of our laundry women came by. None of them were particularly pretty, but we had a good time flirting with them nonetheless.

We spent the rest of the afternoon just swimming and chatting with these ladies. -I felt like I was fifteen years old again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home