μγ′

The party is over, but Hector is still hanging there.

I hope Achilles takes him down soon. I can't leave my tent without looking at his bloody, naked corpse. -I don't think it becomes us Achaeans to do stuff like that.

Anyway, it was a pleasant day, nonetheless.

It seems that Elpenor and Epieus have worked out their differences.

Elpenor stopped by this morning to give me his report. Epieus waited for him outside. Elpenor was in a good mood, and I heard the two of them giggling about something when they left.

Polites came by after lunch, and he asked that I come down to the beach to have a look at something.

Apparently, Macar and one of our naval officers Baius, fashioned a small fishing skiff into a nice little sailing boat.

Although it will hold only about six people, it looks like a miniature bireme, complete with a carved nymph at the bow.

I was really impressed by their craftsmanship. Macar and Baius had even gone so far as to fix some bronze plates along the bulwark. On these, they stamped the name of their craft: Lil' Tethys.

Unfortunately, the sea was a bit too rough for sailing today. However, they promised to take us out tomorrow if the weather permits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home