μδ′

We went sailing today. It was really nice.

Macar and Baius took us out just after breakfast. There was a cool, steady breeze across the water this morning, and the Lil' Tethys really cut through the waves.

Standing at the bow, I don't think Macar could have look more pleased. -I've never seen him with such a genuine smile.

Polites brought some bread and wine along, and we stopped off at one of the small rock islands for lunch.

While we were there, a Minyan ship sailed in. We threw some rocks and pissed them off. -It was a good time.

Hector's body is still hanging about. He's looking pretty nasty.

Some dogs were pulling on his foot yesterday, so they elevated him quite a bit. Now you can see him from most anywhere in the camp.

When Hector was first put up, he looked pretty ragged, like some old clothes or something. Now his skin is kind of shiny, and his belly is getting big.

I really wish they would take him down.

Odysseus came by and asked if I wanted to go hunting tomorrow. I guess Diomedes' pal Sthenelus has some dogs, and they want to take them out. He said that Achilles might be there.

I had to decline.

My ass was good enough for sailing. However, I don't think I am ready for a day on horseback just yet. Besides, Sthenelus is kind of a prick, and I hate the way Odysseus gets when he is around people like him.

I suppose it was a nice gesture, nonetheless.

Anyway, although he walked right by it, Odysseus didn't say anything about Hector's rotting corpse.

It kind of bothers me that we are hanging Priam's son on a pole just to make Achilles happy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it baffles me that there arent more comments on here. is it that people are not sure wether to comment along with the story as its happening or wether to praise for the story

either way i love this site keep up the good work ;)

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To renius:

I've been following this blog since the start. I've wondered about that myself.

My theory is that this blog is so brilliantly done, there is nothing else to add.

I made a few quips about badgers instead of a horse in the beginning - and I felt like I had written graffiti in the Temple of Athena afterwards.

Perhaps the kinds people who would appreciate this blog the most, are not the type who would be most talkative?

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog takes us into a very well-crafted illusion and when we comment on it we essentially ruin it (whether we address the author or the character). I did have an urge to comment on the Hector's Death post (I had found it slightly below par) but eventually I refrained - it simply is a very tough scene to write for anyone. I eagerly await the story's conclusion and its subsequent publishing in a well-edited paperback edition :-)

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following coats blog, it is cool to!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home