μζ′

Well, Priam got his son back.

Odysseus dropped by today to tell me that we should prepare for another Trojan attack.

I asked him if it was regarding Hector's body. He nodded.

I guess that Priam payed Achilles a visit late last night. However, this time Priam came alone, disguised as a beggar.

Odysseus said no one would have known about it if Achilles hadn't told him himself.

Anyway, it seems Agamemnon couldn't really "wash his hands" of the whole ordeal. -This morning, Agamemnon asked Odysseus if he would speak to Achilles about returning Hector.

When Odysseus asked Achilles about it, he said that he already did.

Apparently, the King of Troy was really desperate to get his son back, and after the lack of a funeral parade, he came to Achilles himself.

As Achilles related to Odysseus: "I was going to keep those bones for posterity, but when the King of Troy showed up dressed as a laundry wench, I thought, what the hell? So, I gave them to him. -The old bastard almost had a heart-attack when I tossed him his son in a sack!"

Even Odysseus seemed a little disturbed by Achilles' cruelty.

Anyway, the General asked about our men, and whether I thought they were ready to fight again.

I told him that I would run some drills, and check with Macar to see they were amply supplied.

Elpenor came in while I was talking to Odysseus. -Once again, he was struck dumb in the presence of the General.

Odysseus asked how the Horse was shaping up, and Elpenor said something like: Oh, the Horse looks great Sir! But not as great as your goat, Hermes!"

It didn't make any sense, and I immediately felt very awkward.

Odysseus just nodded to Elpenor and excused himself.

As the General walked out, he gave me a look. -I know what that look meant.

Elpenor has done such a great job with the Horse. I just wish he wasn't such a bumbling idiot in front of Odysseus.

I ran a couple of drills today, but the rest of our encampment seemed pretty quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home