νγ′

I had a look at the horse again today.

I'm beginning to think Epieus and Elpenor might be going overboard. -They've tacked some brass plates on as 'hooves', and Epieus has started work on a huge saddle.

Epieus and Elpenor were obviously proud, and they should be. -The Horse looks great.

I'm just not so sure it needs to be so fancy.

Anyway, the Horse has no head as of yet, but the body is close to completion. Elpenor said they squeezed twenty-five guys in it the other day. -However, those guys weren't wearing any armor.

I told them they were doing a great job. Since they offered me lunch, I didn't mention the excessive frills.

Of course, lunch was fantastic.

On the way back to our camp, I ran into Polites and Euryalus.

Polites waved to me and said: "Eurylochus, I haven't seen you in three days!"

-He was waving the thumb and two fingers that remained on his right hand.

Polites thought it was hilarious.

Polites and Euryalus then told me of a Percotian ship that had docked a few miles north of Troy. It seems the ship has been functioning as some kind of floating brothel. Apparently, Euryalus took one of the ship's 'cruises' two days ago. -He had only good things to say about it.

I guess he didn't find our engagement with the Trojan's worth his while.

Surprisingly, Euryalus said the ship was servicing just as many Trojans as Achaeans. However, he assured me it was cool, and that there wasn't any 'friction'.

Anyway, Polites and Euryalus were planning on doing some seafaring tonight. They asked me to join them.

I thanked them, but declined.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irm said...

Mai: I would differ on the matter of the frills. I think the fancier the look, the more it is likely to pass for what it “ain’t.” Let’s face it. With the number of big egos around that place it’s a surprise the beachhead together with Troy have not sunk yet.
Cai: You’re being ridiculous. It’s solid land, not a boat.
Mai: Just a figure of speech. -- Although -- I’m sure there has been a marked changed in elevation since this whole thing started.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home