νδ′

It was a pleasant day.

Early this morning, Macar came by for his weekly supply order.

In addition to their usual supplies, Elpenor and Epieus put in a special request for a few bushels of some specific kind of seashell.

I felt a bit uncomfortable asking for them. -Although Macar is our supply officer, I don't think gathering seashells qualifies as one of his responsibilities.

In any case, Macar didn't seem put-off by their request. In fact, he dutifully asked whether whole shells would do, or if fragments would be sufficient.

Although I didn't really know, I told him that fragments would be fine. -Macar is a hell of a guy.

He then invited me for a cruise on the Lil' Tethys.

This afternoon, Macar, Baius and I sailed up the coast to the north of Troy. They too had heard about the Percotian brothel, and we decided to have a look for ourselves.

We actually encountered her at sea.

The Percotian vessel was not much more than a large fishing boat topped with an oversized shack. I'd guess that she'd hold about forty crewmembers, but we only saw a handful of passengers on deck.

All but one of these seafarers was naked, and they were obviously proud of it.

As we cut pass them, one couple graciously demonstrated some creative fornification for us on her stern. -I had to laugh.

When I got back to camp, I found Odysseus waiting for me in my tent.

Luckily, he had just arrived.

Odysseus had come to dictate another letter to Penelope. It was his usual awkward drivel, but this time he finished it off with a surprise postscript:

P.S. My dear dear Penelope, I think that you will see your General soon!

Odysseus was obviously looking for a reaction as he dictated that last part. -I intentionally didn't give him one.

Of course, the Horse is going to be done soon. However, it seems to be such an incredible longshot. -I don't understand Odysseus' newfound optimism.

Anyway, after finishing the letter, the General inquired about the Horse. I told him that it was going fine, and that Epeius plans to be done within a couple of weeks.

Odysseus was very pleased.

Before leaving, the General asked me to arrange for a birthday present for Priam. Apparently, the King of Troy turns sixty in three days, and Agamemnon is planning to lead a small gift-bearing envoy as a show our goodwill.

As we have been trying to sack his city for several years now, I think we might be sending him mixed messages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home