ξε′

A much quieter day.

Ajax’s funeral was held this afternoon down by the water.

There was a large funeral pyre and speeches were made. However, I decided not to go.

I didn’t really feel like spending another evening at an Achaean assembly. Besides, there were a lot of things that needed to be tended to about camp.

The last few days of celebration not only did a number on our site, but some of our soldiers had let the leisure go to their heads.

I hate to do it, but I had to be a real bastard today. I even went so far as to have Misenus whip a guy. I really despise corporal punishment, but the asshole talked back when I asked whose duty it was to clean the latrines.

I rewarded the guy with five lashes and the job to boot. -He should’ve known better.

Anyway, after getting our Ithacans back in order, I headed over to check on the Horse.

When I saw it, I almost had to laugh.

The Horse finally has a head, complete with an enormous set of pearly-white teeth. -It seems that was what Elpenor had ordered the shells for.

When I arrived, Elpenor was up top with a few guys, working on braiding a huge rope mane.

There’s no doubt that Elpenor and Epieus went overboard, but it really looks great.

At any rate, their extra efforts can’t hurt. It is supposed to be a gift after all. -Dropping off a wooden horse of inferior quality might make the Trojans even more suspicious than they are already bound to be.

Epeius told me the Horse should be complete by the end of the week.

I suppose that’s a good thing, but I’m getting a bit nervous about it.

Unfortunately, I came too late for lunch.

Despite my best efforts, Epeius was unresponsive to the hints I kept dropping about dinner.

I know I don’t have the right, but it kind of pissed me off. -I guess being a bastard put me in a bad mood.

I’ll tell Odysseus about the Horse tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your writing is unique, albeit, an unusual approach, so I give you credit for not only standing out from the crowd, but actually standing head and shoulders ABOVE the crowd.

AJ

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home