οε′

-A much quieter day.

Just before lunch, Sthenelus came by to ask if I wanted to go hunting with him tomorrow. -I had to decline.

I told him I had a lot of work to do around camp, and that I would probably be pretty busy for the next several days. Sthenelus nodded and smiled. However, I could see he was a bit disappointed.

I felt a bit bad blowing Sthenelus off. Yet, the truth is, I really don’t like the guy. -Sthenelus is a crass, loud-mouthed asshole. The last thing I want is for him to harbor the notion that we are now good buddies.

Unfortunately, later this evening, Euryalus and Sthenelus walked by while Misenus and I were enjoying some wine outside my tent. At that moment, I didn’t appear to be too busy. -Oh well, maybe it’s for the best.

Surprisingly, not long after, General Eumelus walked up. For some reason, he was wearing a ridiculous-looking winged helmet and a big necklace of flowers. -I think it’s some sort of Pheraen holiday.

Personally, if I were Eumelus, I would have at least ordered some equally ridiculously-dressed officers to accompany me on my walk across camp.

Anyway, Eumelus informed me that Agamemnon was planning on having a dinner party tomorrow. Apparently, the Commander-in-Chief personally asked that I attend. Of course, I told Eumelus I would. -That was a surprise.

As Eumelus left, Misenus gave me a wide-eyed look and smiled.

“Oh, shut the fuck up”, I replied.

It’s going to be strange, going to such a function without Odysseus.

-I should probably bring a gift of some sort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home